Local Lettings Policy for Crosland Meadows, Lindley
Local Lettings Policy
1. Properties covered by the policy – Crosland meadows, Lindley
2. Priority under local letting policy
The Choice Based Lettings allocations policy will be applied to all applications that are received, however, priority will be given if:
- In addition to our plans to create mixed communities on our estates, we are also exploring the potential for letting increased numbers of social housing units through a local lettings policy to working households on low incomes who will benefit from the subsidised rents enjoyed by council and housing association tenants.
- The initiative would provide access to high quality homes for working people which provides a step on the housing journey to home ownership. In certain circumstances it may allow us to under occupy a property to provide future sustainability and room for family growth.
- Taking this into account, we will specify in adverts where we will give preference to working couples or families. (for applicants to be classed as working they need to be in employment for a minimum of 17.5 hours per week)
- If, after three advertising cycles, we can not fulfil the above criteria we will then allocate outside of these parameters. Priority will be given to applicants in the usual way, following the Choice Based Lettings allocations policy.
NEW – Lets Help You website!
There is a new website available to help you search for private rented properties across West Yorkshire.
Its FREE and you can.....
- Search for new accommodation in comfort, and at a time that suits you
- Hundreds of landlords advertise their properties
- Housing allowance calculator – use as a guide to see what you can afford (when in receipt of housing benefit)
- Properties of all types added daily
- Landlord contacts to make viewing appointments fast
To access the website simply click here