Cookies and this website

This website uses cookies to give you the best online experience. If you'd like to know more please read our cookie policy

Skip to content

Latest news

Connect Housing LLP for Farrier's Croft, Lindley

Published: Tuesday 23 October 2018
Connect Housing LLP for Farrier's Croft, Lindley

 

 

 

 

 

 

Connect Housing Local Lettings Policy for Farrier's Croft, Lindley

 

Local Lettings Policy

 

1. Properties covered by the policy – Farriers Croft, Lindley

 

2. Priority under local letting policy

 

The Choice Based Lettings allocations policy will be applied to all applications that are received, however, priority will be given if:

  • In addition to our plans to create mixed communities on our estates, we are also exploring the potential for letting increased numbers of social housing units through a local lettings policy to working households on low incomes who will benefit from the subsidised rents enjoyed by council and housing association tenants.

  • The initiative would provide access to high quality homes for working people which provides a step on the housing journey to home ownership.In certain circumstances it may allow us to under occupy a property to provide future sustainability and room for family growth.

  • Taking this into account, we will specify in adverts where we will give preference to working couples or families. On this particular development we plan to allocate approximately 70% of properties to working households. (for applicants to be classed as working they need to be in employment for a minimum of 17.5 hours per week) The remaining 30% will be allocated using the Choice Based Lettings allocations policy.

  • If, after three advertising cycles, we can not fulfil the above criteria we will then allocate outside of these parameters. Priority will be given to applicants in the usual way, following the Choice Based Lettings allocations policy.


Coming soon on Quarmby Road

Published: Tuesday 23 October 2018
Coming soon on Quarmby Road

 

 

 

 

 

 

Unity Housing are pleased to announce 9 new homes which will be available around November, on Quarmby Road Huddersfield.  The scheme consists of 2 x 2 bedroom houses, suitable for households with up to two dependant children, and 7 x 3 bedroom houses suitable for families with up to three children. 

In order to be considered for one of these properties, you must have:

  • A priority award

  • An excellent tenancy record

  • Be able to supply a landlords reference

  • Be willing to undergo a home visit


New and improved

Published: Wednesday 11 July 2018

We have upgraded! From the 10th July you will notice that choose ‘n’ move has changed. To ensure that we continue to provide you with the best service possible, the new and improved website has a clearer layout and is easier to use. It has a host of additional benefits which will enhance the experience of applying for social housing, managing your bids and getting relevant housing advice. All at the click of a button.

If you are already a member of choose ‘n’ move your log in details will remain the same, you do not have to apply again.