Cookies and this website

This website uses cookies to give you the best online experience. If you'd like to know more please read our cookie policy

Skip to content


If you are a Kirklees Council tenant with 1 or more spare bedrooms, or a Housing Association tenant  in Kirklees with 2 or more spare bedrooms, then you could benefit from the Homefit Scheme, especially if you are concerned about losing housing benefit because your house is ‘under occupied’.

Moving to a smaller home is ideal if:
- you're not using all your bedrooms
- you're worried about your heating bills (smaller homes are cheaper to heat)
- you're struggling to maintain your garden
- mobility problems mean your home is no longer suitable for your needs
- you need to be nearer to family, friends, shops, doctors and so on

We can offer:
- help and support from a dedicated officer
- advice about moving to a home in an area you prefer
- a smaller home that is easier and cheaper to manage
- a higher level of priority for re-housing

For more information, contact our Homefit Officer on 01484 416900 or email