Cookies and this website

This website uses cookies to give you the best online experience. If you'd like to know more please read our cookie policy

Skip to content

House Exchange

A mutual exchange is where two tenants of social housing properties exchange their homes. However, if you find another tenant to swap with, you must ask your landlord for permission before you move. If you move without permission you could lose your home.

A Mutual Exchange can offer several benefits, such as:

  • It may be much quicker than bidding for a new home through Choose 'n' move
  • You can arrange multiple swaps where a chain of tenants swap properties to find their perfect home
  • A swap can take place between a Kirklees Council (Homes and Neighbourhoods / Pinnacle) tenant and a Housing Association tenant within the Kirklees area.

Find out more Mutual house exchange (Home Swap) .